Monthly reports are published at www.publichospitalfunding.gov.au/public-hospital-funding-reports by the NHFB on behalf of the Administrator. The reports are provided on a National, State or Territory, and LHN basis.
Purpose of monthly reports
The purpose of monthly reports issued by the Administrator is to satisfy the reporting requirements of section 240 of the National Health Reform Act 2011 (the Act). The monthly reports provide transparency and line-of-sight of funding contributions into and out of State pool accounts to LHNs, State Managed Funds, or to State or Territory health departments in relation to public health funding.
Annual report and financial statements
Section 241 states the Administrator must, within 4 months after the end of each financial year, provide to the responsible Ministers an annual report on the exercise or performance of his or her functions during the financial year.
The annual report includes the following information for the relevant financial year:
- the amounts paid into each State Pool Account and State Managed Fund by the relevant State or Territory, and the basis on which the payments were made
- the amounts paid into each State Pool Account by the Commonwealth and the basis on which the payments were made
- the amounts paid from each State Pool Account to LHNs, a State Managed Fund or other organisations or funds, and the basis on which the payments were made
- the amounts paid from each State Managed Fund to LHNs or other organisations or funds, and the basis on which the payments were made
- the number of public hospital services funded for each LHN in accordance with the activity based funding system
- the number of other public hospital services and functions funded from each State Pool Account or State Managed Fund.
The annual report is accompanied by:
- a financial statement for each State Pool Account
- a financial statement that combines the audited financial statements for each State Pool Account.
The financial statement is audited by the Auditor‑General of that State in accordance with the relevant legislation of that State relating to financial audit by the Auditor‑General.